What are cookies?
Type, purpose and operation of cookies
Cookies, depending on the goal pursued, can be classified as:
- Strictly necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential to the proper operation of the website. This type of cookies are usually generated when the user access the website or initiates a session in it. Unlike the others, this category of cookies can not be disabled or declined.
The use of such cookies is for the website user identification and continue the following objectives:
- Keep the user identification so that if leave the website and re-enter later, remains identified when accessing the website.
- Check that the user is authorized to access certain services or areas of the website.
- Performance cookies – This type of cookies are used in order to gather information about the use that users make on the website. Thus, it is possible to identify, simultaneously, the most visited areas on the website and potential error messages for the site visitors. The information gathered through this kind of cookies does not allow to identify the visitors and it will only be aggregated and used in an optimization perspective of the operation of the website.
- Functional Cookies – Consist of cookies that allow to register information on the choices made by the user on the website, such as the username, language or region. Simultaneously, also the modifications made by the user in the original website settings, such as the type and font size, color or information pages layout will be register. Thus, the use of functional cookies enables the customization of the website user experience, dispensing successive reconfigurations depending on each visit made.
- Targeting cookies – This type of cookies intended to collect information on the usage habits of a particular browser, by the user. By registering such usage habits, the targeting cookies allows providing to the user more adjusted marketing campaigns and focused on the revealed preferences. The cookies in question do not have characteristics that allows the personal identification of the user. However, these cookies may contain a key which will uncover the use of individual preference, which may alternatively facilitate the storage of a code that translates a set of usage habits or preferences.
- Third-party cookies – Usually, third-party cookies are used for statistical purposes. It is intended that these cookies retain a number of data associated with the navigation of the website users, in which their collection and analysis are entrusted to a third party. In certain situations, the use of this type of cookies aims to understand and improve the inserted advertising on the website. In this context, the third-party cookies are used in order to customize, redirect and optimize online advertising that is sent to the users of the website.
Regarding the expiration date, cookies may be:
- Permanent cookies - These are cookies that are stored on the respective access device browser (computer, smartphone, tablet). Their use allows to customize the navigation for each user, in which permanent cookies favor one framework of navigation in the interests shown by the user. This first group of cookies expire when the user closes the Internet browser.
- Session cookies – Consist in cookies that allow simultaneously manage browsing sessions and detect problems in the same navigation. This second group of cookies expire at the time the navigation session is closed or when deleted manually.
How to enable or disable cookies?
All Internet browsers give the user the possibility to accept, decline or delete cookies, by selecting the appropriate settings on their browser.
The user should follow these instructions:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
To disable all cookies in Internet Explorer:
- Click in "Tools" menu and choose "Internet Options";
- Select the "Privacy" tab;
- Move the slider to the top where appear "Block all cookies".
Nota : There are several levels of activation and disabling of cookies in Internet Explorer. For more information about the cookie settings in Internet Explorer, see the following Microsoft Web page (https://support.microsoft.com)
In this Internet browser, the user has full control over cookies permission. The original settings of the browser runs a permission for the use of all cookies. However, the user can at any time adjust these settings. If cookies have been set or blocked on the page you're viewing, an icon appears at the end of the browser's address bar.
To disable cookies in Google Chrome:
- Click in the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar;
- Select "Settings";
- Click "Show advanced settings";
- In the "Privacy" section, click in "Content Settings";
- Select "Block third-party cookies and site data";
- You can also find in "Cookies" section, the following options:
◌ "Delete cookies";
◌ "Block cookies by default";
◌ "Allow cookies by default";
◌ "Keep cookies and site data by default until you quit your browser";
◌ "Create exceptions for cookies used by certain websites or domains."
To disable cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- Click in "Tools" menu;
- Select "Options";
- Click in "Privacy", which is on the top panel;
- In "Cookies" disable "Accept cookies from sites";
- Click "OK" to save the changes.
Safari Web and IOS
To disable all cookies in Safari Web:
- Click "Edit";
- Select "Preferences";
- In the top panel, select the "Privacy" icon;
- In the "Accept Cookies" select "Never".
Cookies used by Dif Broker on the website
We present a table that identifies the types of cookies that Dif Broker uses in this website, as well as the specific purpose and duration.
Table of cookies used by Dif Broker in this website
|Type of cookie||Owner||Goal||Duration|
|COOKIE_SUPPORT||Difbroker.com||Indicates the possibility that cookies can be saved, depending on the user selected options.||1 year|
|GUEST_LANGUAGE_ID||Difbroker.com||Indicates the language selected for the website by the user.||1 year|
|cookie_agreed_yes||Difbroker.com||Identifies the user login data on the website.||3 months|
|JSESSIONID||Difbroker.com||Identifies the user login data on the website.||Session|
|LOGIN||Difbroker.com||Identifies the user login data on the website.||1 year|
|SCREEN_NAME||Difbroker.com||Indicates the screen name of the user on this website.||1 year|
|sticky-banner||Difbroker.com||Indicates whether the user chose to close the floating banner.||Session|
Table of cookies used by third parties on this website:
|Type of cookie||Owner||Goal||Duration|
|__utma||Google.com||Google Analytics||2 years|
|__utmb||Google.com||Google Analytics||30 minutes|
|__utmt||Google.com||Google Analytics||10 minutes|
|__utmz||Google.com||Google Analytics||6 months|
|_ga||Google.com||Google Analytics||2 years|
|_gat||Google.com||Google Analytics||10 minutes|
|__zlcmid||Zopim.com||ZopIM live chat||1 years|
|__zlcprivacy||Zopim.com||ZopIM live chat||6 months|
|_chartbeat2||chartbeat.com||Chartbeat analytics platform||15 months|
|APISID||Google.com||youtube widget||14 months|
|GEUP||youtube.com||youtube widget||20 months|
|HSID||Google.com||youtube widget||14 months|
|NID||Google.com||youtube widget||5 months|
|PREF||youtube.com||youtube widget||22 months|
|PREF||Google.com||youtube widget||22 months|
|SID||Google.com||youtube widget||24 months|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||youtube.com||youtube widget||8 months|
|player||vimeo.com||Vimeo widget||1 years|
|_utmt_player||vimeo.com||Vimeo widget||10 minutes|
Additional guarantees and revocation of acceptance
Dif Broker is not responsible for the content and veracity of the privacy policies of third party components included on this website.
As an additional guarantee, the register of cookies in this website will be dependent on the Cookie Acceptance by the user during the visit to this website, as well as the installation or updating of the used browser. Still, the mentioned acceptance may be revoked at any time by changing the contents of configuration options and privacy marked in this Policy.
Update on Cookies Policy
Dif Broker may introduce changes to this Cookies Policy, due to legislative or regulatory requirements or with the purpose of adapting the Policy to new instructions issued by the Legislation.
If changes are produced in this Cookies Policy, these changes will be communicated to users in this website.